If you are wondering what are those ribbons-like accents or decors featured on chairs during especial occasions like weddings and debuts, they are called chair sashes. Together with cleaner looking and elegant chair covers or sheets, these sashes can transform an ordinary chair into a piece of art which can be used for the simple to the most elegant occasions.
A Brief Background on These Sashes
Chair or seat sashes as one of the event decorations are obviously the sashes, ribbons, or accents used for chairs or seats. They are commonly used during especial occasions like weddings, debuts, proms, cocktail parties, and all other events that require gorgeously looking seats for guests that will also jive with the theme or motif of the occasion or party. They are usually seen paired with seat covers. Hence, you will most likely notice that chair covers and sashes are used to transform a plain or ordinary chair into a piece suited for the glitch and glamour. And dependent on the design and styling requirements of the user or event organizer, he may infuse other materials as well like flowers and plants.
The Different Ties of These Sashes
Basically, all these sashes are plain strips or cuts of fabric. Their looks, design, or style will only be dependent as to how they are tied or infused with the chairs. Styling could be done manually, or, you can purchase the readily shaped or formed sashes fit for your decorating needs. Among the popular ties of these sashes include the following:
- The Basic Flip-Perhaps, this is the most basic way to embellish seats with chair sashes. You just need to crossly flip or tie the meeting parts of the sash similar to how you make the first tie for your shoelaces.
- The Knotted Sash-You just need to wrap the sash around the seat’s back and make a simple knot similar to how you regularly make knot on strings or ropes. This method locks the sash in place. You can showcase the knot or hide it with the sash’s hanging portion.
- The Traditional Bow Sash – Another popular style in these sashes is the traditional bow tie. It’s the seemingly butterfly look and can be completed similar to how you finally tie your shoelaces. This tie could be removed or loosened by simply pooling the dangling tails of the bow.
- The Rosette Sash – The most intricate style found on wedding chair sashes is the Rosette. With this style, the centerpiece of the sash is designed like a blooming rose flower. It usually takes expert skills for anyone to be successful in creating these ties.
The Two Types of Fabric Used as Sashes
When it comes to chair sashes, there are two types of fabrics that dominate the party scene, organza and satin.
- Organza is a very thin type of sheer fabric that is seemingly transparent. It can be woven from natural materials like silk, abaca, or pineapple leaf fibers, or the synthetic ones like polyester or nylon. Organza is ideal if you want a very light touch or tone for your seat sash.
- Satin chair sashes on the other hand are favored because of their vibrant and shiny colors. It is one of the most elegant fabrics that is widely available in distinct shades or tones of colors.
To complete that classy and elegant look of your event’s dining sets or guest chairs, you should adorn it with the colorful and attractive chair covers.